Look what Team Green has negotiated with the very kind Canteen ladies!
It’s a win for you (cheaper), a win for the environment (no-throw-away cup), a win for the canteen (less cups to buy). Enjoy!
Team Green is organising the 2016 Recycling Art Competition at Mount Aspiring College.
Each whanau is invited to submit an artwork made out of rubbish or recycled materials. Judges will consider artistic, technique and sustainability value of the creations.
Entries are due on Tuesday 20th September 2016. It is a house competition so get in there and meet the criterias! Good luck!
On Saturday 19 March from 8.30 to 9.30pm
Earth Hour belongs to you. Celebrate your commitment to the planet with your friends, family, community or at work – in your own way. A simple event can be just turning off all non-essential lights from 8.30pm-9:30 pm.
This is our time to #ChangeClimateChange!
We now meet on Thursdays lunchtimes in the library.
The Board of Trustees has granted $6.500 for the installation of MAC first solar panels and our task is to make this happen. It’s fantastic and exciting.
We have grouped our activities in three streams:
- Energy group is be in charge of implementing the solar panels project, as well as continuing Earth Hour and energy savings campaigns
- The Recycling group big idea this year (thank you Max!) is to organise a recycling art competition, as well as continuing Paper recycling and Keep MAC Beautiful campaigns.
- The House Competition group is preparing a special day in the year with a house competition, a quiz, mufti day etc…
A big year for our growing Team!
In term one, we have replaced all the broken and missing paper bins in the college so USE THEM!
When full, please go and empty them in the recycling area between the workshops and the library. If your paper bin is damaged, please let us know (Ask at the library or email firstname.lastname@example.org) so that we replace it.
Remember: For every ton of paper we manage to recycle, we earn about 5 trees!
Our latest exciting goal is to embed sustainability into the curriculum and the college culture. Our Principal has agreed to establish the MAC Kaitiaki innovation Challenge aiming to raise awareness and empower students to be guardians of our resources by the end of term 1 2014.
We are working on:
- An audit of the resources used
- How to communicate our project to students and staff and enthuse them
- A repository of curriculum resources
- Best actions to save money to build our seed fund
- Funding applications