We have been busy this term upgrading the college classrooms facility.
First, we visited each class and recorded on a map how many paper bins and recycling bins there are in each room. Then we sent out a questionnaire to all teachers to record what they need.
Then we matched the existing and the needs and have to install 13 new paper bins and 4 new recycling bins.
Last week, we created and laminated labels. For the boxes, we are now waiting for the Paper4Trees bins ordered but not yet arrived.
When they arrive, we will paste the labels on them, distribute in the classrooms as required. We will do a presentation in assembly and write an an article in the newspaper to promote their use.
Our first project is to install paper bins in all classrooms and make sure they are used.
Simon described some project management tools: choice charts, steps from the vision to the action, task manager… Then we applied it on with our Recycling project.
Competition (see above). Movies tickets to win! Give it a go!
- Short speech in assembly on the 12th August to advertise the competition, well done!
- Team Green Snippets: Every week in the Newsletter, we publish an awareness fact.
Thank you Florence for the idea and for the 5 “words of wisdom” you provided for the snippets.
- Notices: Twice weekly, first to advertise the use of bins as soon as they are fitted to the rooms, then to advertise their use, where to put the paper when they are empty…
All the rooms have been visited and assessed:
- 9 rooms already have a used paper bin.
- We have placed 7 existing green paper bins in the seven HOME ROOMS and will advertise their use now.
- We need 25 more green bins for paper recycling. Simon has proposed to help with this.
When the competition is finished, the chosen poster will be added to all the bins.
To ensure a regular attendance, it is suggested that we bring biscuits to share. Thank you Sam for offering the first round 😉
Simon has organised a visit from the 350 crew. Check out www.350.org.nz to find out what it is about. They come to share ideas and inspire us. Meeting Wednesday 19th lunchtime in the library. Everyone invited. It is time to make a difference!